❝ I believe in your ability to heal and grow. Suffering can be transformed when you are truly understood and accepted in a safe, honest therapeutic relationship that embraces your uniqueness and encourages the strength you already have.❞
Hello and welcome to my site. This is where I usually make first contact with my future clients.
I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist who works with individuals, couples, children and families. My approach is eclectic and tailored to your unique needs. I’m committed to using the most effective, contemporary, research based skills to help you to resolve whatever is troubling you.
My first priority is to provide a space where you feel comfortable enough to talk about whatever is most important to you. Within the safety of a genuinely supportive relationship we can explore and heal old wounds, promote self-understanding, compassion and insight, develop empowering skills and resources, and find a way through whatever is troubling you.
My practice is informed through my extensive training and experience in Relational Gestalt Therapy, Mindfulness, Somatic Therapy, CBT, Mind-Body Balance, Art and Play Therapy, Trauma, EMDR, Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, Stress Management, Solution Focused Therapy and Attachment Theory.
I have helped clients with diverse issues including: depression, anxiety, stress, life transitions, relationship issues, self esteem issues, overwhelming thoughts and feelings, panic attacks, life satisfaction and meaning, chronic illness and pain, PTSD, childhood trauma and neglect, car accidents, grief and loss, addiction and performance anxiety.
I have extensive experience working in many types of mental health settings from outpatient mental health centers helping people with a wide array of difficulties, to elementary and middle schools providing therapy for children, adolescents and their families, and am currently in private practice in Pacific Palisades.
Seeking therapy is a hopeful and courageous step. You don't have to do this alone, I'm here to help.
Education and Licensing
- BA Sussex University, UK, 1994
- MA in Clinical Psychology, Antioch University, 2008
- California Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, #54003
- EMDRIA approved EMDR training levels 1 and 2
- Advanced training in Trauma Resiliency Somatic therapy
- Advanced training in Relational Therapy, Pacific Gestalt Institute
- Extensive experience and training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Advanced Mind-Body Trauma training for individuals, children, veterans and their families
- Advanced training in Mindful Based Stress Reduction Skills, Insight LA
- Couples and Family Training Program, Southern California Counseling Center
Professional Activities and Memberships
California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, Member
Pacific Gestalt Institute, Member
Gestalt Institute of Los Angeles, Member
Request a free consultation
Use the form below or call me at (310) 463-7598 so we can speak in more detail about what concerns you may be having and how I may be of help.